Below you will find articles written by our vets, providing information on recent cases..
Max presented on a Friday afternoon with acute diarrhoea and pain on eating. As part of her examination Amy did a rectal exam which revealed a massively distended colon. The decision was made to X-ray Max and the results were quite impressive ... [Click to read more...]
George a curious and very energetic French Bulldog, was brought to us on a Friday evening, because he was off his food and vomiting, then retching and trying to vomit unsuccessfully. His owner reported that he had been chewing a small ‘Gorilla Glue’ bottle a couple of days before. ... [Click to read more...]
"Lumpy Bumpy" recently came in to see us after the family dog gained access to her enclosure. Unfortunately the dog thought she was a toy and proceeded to have a little chew, not realising she was a tortoise ...
Sometimes we have no idea how Pets manage to injure themselves, this is especially true for cats who quite often like to test out their 9 lives and our job is to get them back on their feet again (however many feet they may have!).
We see a steady stream of poisonings thoughout the year, 99.9% are accidental exposures to toxic substances, but there are always more around the Christmas period. Here are several of the most common queries ...
Whistler is a 10 year old Labrador who has been under our care for problems with his joints. His knee was still sore so it was decided for him to undergo a Platelet Rich Plasma infusion ...
Bo presented to Vet Andrew Fullerton on a Wednesday night at our Nailsea surgery. His owner had noticed a cut (scab) above the right eye. They hadn't realised how deep the cut was and were just coming in for him to have a look to see if it needed antibiotics. [Click to read more...]
It’s that time of year, where loud bangs and pretty displays in the sky can cause terror and stress amongst our pets. With the correct amount of preparation, there is a lot you can do to make this a less stressful time for your fur babies ...
Nancy's owners brought her in to see us as they had noticed she was limping on her left foot and the foot looked swollen. She was still well in herself and was eating and drinking, but her owners knew that hens are very good at hiding any signs of being unwell, so brought her in at the first sign of a problem.
[Click to read more...]
Bailey came to us as an out-of-hours emergency because he had progressively become more disinterested and slow, and was showing swelling of both his hocks. He had been losing his coat in patches for a few weeks and looked a bit ‘moth-eaten’. He was a bit itchy and generally unhappy. [Click to read more...]
I saw Zoe at the end of August 2013. Her owner brought her in two days before, when she was diagnosed with a urinary tract infection. My colleague noted some enlargement of the lymph nodes in her neck at that time, and had noted their size and started treatment for the urinary signs, booking her in for a review within days.
Dodger is a fit, active 13 year old Border Collie. He has previously been diagnosed with shoulder arthritis on x-ray, and has had a urinary tract infection in the past which made him hunched up and uncomfortable. After investigation, we decided to stop Tramadol and try acupuncture to treat Dodger’s back pain. [Click to read more...]